Thursday, April 23, 2009

I Wish It Wasn't So...



I have been pretty injury free for most of my life but I ended that streak last night with a wide, deep gouge to the palm of my hand. Of course I waited until this morning to go to the doctor because I didn't want to pay for an emergency room visit and I really thought it would be fine. Shannon spent the better part of three hours getting the bleeding to stop before I went to bed last night, which in a weird irony of things, allowed the doctor to stitch it up this morning. Apparently, you have about a twelve hour window after you injure yourself, that will allow for stitching. Due to infection and blood flow it makes it a high risk to do anything after twelve hours. Just a little bit of knowledge to help you out in life.

In case you are wondering, yes, it hurts.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Some Pictures