Sunday, January 24, 2010

NEVER SAY DIE!


This is the most amazing thing. This snowman has hung around just melting slowly until he is in the full limbo position. He was not built this way. He was built like every snowman, tall and proud. I am not sure how it is holding on because in my mind that middle and head should weigh plenty to make it drop.
As a thought about him this morning on the way to church, I thought, "just don't quit!" I know that for our family and a lot of others, the trails of life seem to pile up and you feel buried in the pile of self doubt. This is not the case, as we are promised,

“Fear not, I am with thee, oh, be not dismayed,
For I am thy God, and will still give thee aid;
I’ll strengthen thee, help thee, and cause thee to stand,
Upheld by My gracious, omnipotent hand."

- How Firm a Foundation, Hymn 89

We have had great things happen to our family over the years. Our lives have never been more blessed than they are right now. Blessings are real. Our Heavenly Father knows who you are. I am thankful for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Some Pictures